Saturday 7 April 2012

An end to bad hair days…or at least a helping hand


So the solution to troublesome hair landed on my doorstep about a month ago and I’ve been using it ever since.  Let me explain-I subscribe to ‘Glossybox’ (I’ll explain more about this in another post), which basically sends sample sizes of products to test, before forking out for the full size.  In one of my recent boxes, I received ‘Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Relaxing Balm’.

Now, I am always doubtful that smoothing products will actually work.  My hair is naturally wavy and without the right products is what can only be described as a frizzy mess.  But after giving this a try, I was so impressed.  The balm really reduces frizz and seems to keep my hair straighter for longer, after using a flat iron.  It also doesn’t leave a matt finish as some balms or serums do, my hair remained light and shiny.

The instructions for use are really simple (though finding them on the bottle isn’t-they were tucked inside the outside label on the sample!).  It says to use 2-4 pumps on damp/wet hair.  I’d really only recommend 3 pumps as a maximum and less on medium length to short hair.  But this can be applied all over, avoiding the roots, and then your hair regime can be continued as normal…blow drying, straightening, curling etc.  Note that hair can be left to dry naturally and the product still does a good job of keeping things under control, which is great if you’re giving hair a break from heated tools or blow drying.

The price of this product is £15.25 for 200ml, which I think is fairly pricey for a single hair care product but the results make this price justifiable.  It can also be found slightly cheaper at some online beauty stores.  One bottle would allow a lot of usage too – the 25ml sample I had lasted me ages.

If you have tried this product out already or decide to check it out, then let me know what you think.  I’d be interested to know how it works on different hair types.

Kassie Jo x

No comments:

Post a Comment